The only downside of this cake is simply waiting for it to bake while your mouth waters! I have a family of four, I made it at 6:30 in the evening and the whole cake was devoured by 7:30 the next morning, needless to say it was a successful recipe.
There wasn't any hassle involved in this recipe, I put it together quite quickly without an complicated steps, the only thing I needed to change is that the recipe asked for a 10" loaf pan where I only had a 6" the batter fit just fine though next time I will put a tray underneath because it did bubble over just a little with the size of my pan.
For the Cake
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt (I just used original yogurt)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- zest of 2 lemons
- 4 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice (plus water until icing is smooth enough for you)
- 1 lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10" bread pan
- Mix wet ingredients and sugar in a large bowl, mix dry ingredients then combine into wet mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. (because my pan was smaller but deeper it took an extra 10 minutes or so, bake until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbles attached)
- While the cake is baking and cooling, mix icing ingredients until they are at a smooth, drizzling consistency. Drizzle over your cooled cake and enjoy!