- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (could even use a little more if you like spicy!)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed (I briefly microwave it)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (it originally asked for scallions though I think the cilantro gave it amazing flavour)
- Canola or vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, and cayenne.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until they are just blended. Fold in the corn and cilantro.
- Pour oil in large nonstick skillet (until it come up 1/4 inch on the sides) and heat over medium-high heat until the oil is shimmering. (Watch that the oil isn't too hot or they will brown quickly on the sides and not cook through the middle)
- For each crisp, drop a slightly rounded tablespoon of batter into the oil. Fry them in batches over medium-high heat until they are golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the crisps to a paper towel-lined sheet pan or plate,
- Repeat with the remaining batter.